Sailing into another year, yet, with my daughter, Ziim, still with Cerebral Palsy!!! But thanking God!!! Last year went by like a flash. I thank Him for he kept all His promises on us!!
2011 was not an easy year, He never promised that it was going to be easy; He promised that he was going to be there with us in the mist of the difficulties, and He was there. On a number of occasions we had ran to the emergency, sometimes abandoning the car by the road side to take a bike to be faster. We would have looked quite hilarious; me clutching unto a convulsing Ziim and the bike aka okada rider meandering through the traffic and praying along with me, albeit incoherently! Oh God, what a sight we would have been! But we made it through, each time, thank you God.
Considering the number of hours we put in on therapies, not forgetting prayers, I thought I would wake up this first morning of 2012 and Cp is gone, I mean as in Ziim not having cerebral palsy, as in her being sans cerebral palsy! Haa what a thought! Funny isn’t? Well, sometimes you can allow your mind to travel through those wishful paths even if for a brief seconds and enjoy the feeling.
I just looked her up, she is there, sleeping peaceful as she usually does, I see her making an attempt to roll over, and she rolls from her left side to a supine position, I have to help her roll to the right so she sleeps longer. Though it is past 7a.m, I want her to sleep some more for she woke up last night, well earlier this morning when I came back from mid night mass. Hm.. yes I left her and went for mass, she was sleep, of course someone was asked to look out for her. Yes oh, didn’t I talk of letting go. I checked her limbs; the signs of Cp are still there, particularly the lower limbs, ha, my baby still has Cp!! But I am always quick to add that Cp does not have her!
So here we are in this Island of Tarkwa, our bags are packed, after mass this morning we go no sail back to the city of Lagos, with my Ziim still having Cp. As we go, I know that 2012 is loaded with its difficulties and challenges but I know that the Lord is always by our side, we shall never walk alone. I have a long list of things we NEED to do, but I am not worried for I have put the list in God’s hands thus I am not worried about how He will do it. I know my help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He makes a way where there seems to be no way. I just ask Him to help me trust Him, to give me the faith to know that He is walking sailing with me.
I end or rather start my year with the words of the psalmist; Psalm 46:
- “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
- Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the mist of the sea:
- Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.
- There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
- God is in the mist of her; she shall not be moved; God shall help her and that right early.
- The heathen raged, the kingdom were moved; He uttered His voice, the earth melted.
- The Lord of Host is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.
- Come, hehold the the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in earth.
- He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; He breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in fire.
- Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in thein the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.
All I ask of you Lord is to never let me depart from your presence!! Give me the grace to always be in your presence and I am assured of a great sail.
Happy new year my dear readers and do please join us in this great sail.